Auburn Community Acupuncture offers you a relaxing way to address your health care needs. By using acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine the body can calmly find a way back to balance. Chinese medicine takes into account all aspects of our lives and provides a safe and effective alternative to western medicine.
Our ultimate goal is to relieve your symptoms at an affordable cost. We can do this by providing you with a quiet and relaxing open environment and offering you an affordable sliding scale of $30 - $60 ($60 for New Patients). New patients will have a 30 minute private consultation which will result in an individualized diagnosis and treatment plan, They will then receive an acupuncture treatment based upon these findings. We want to provide you with quality care and to be able to come in enough to get better and stay better!
**ACA IS OPEN!**
Before scheduling please read the info below for important details.
• Patients with ANY symptoms of acute illness are not permitted to enter the clinic. ACA does not provide acute or emergency care. Please rest at home if you have any signs of illness and/or if you have members of your household that are sick. All patients will be screened at the door. We also realize people have coughs and sneezes for other reasons than acute illness however due to the nature of the situation if you have a cough or sneeze, for any reason, we ask you not to come at this time. Your treatment will be ended immediately if you are coughing or sneezing.
• Masks are now required in the clinic and must fully cover your nose and mouth. We will be wearing a mask to protect you and all patients will be required to wear masks to protect each other. Please bring your own mask from home if you have one. If you do not have a mask, we have surgical masks available for $2 each.
• Appointments are required to enter the clinic. To manage clinic flow and allow space for everyone there will be absolutely no walk-ins. In addition, please do not bring children or other people with you to your appointment; the clinic is reserved for scheduled patients only. If you have a direct caregiver who is needed to assist you they may help you into your chair but will be directed to wait in the car during your appointment.
• Be on time. Please be aware that being on time for your appointment is now more important than ever. If you are more than 10 minutes late, we will need to reschedule you for another time, and cancellation fees will apply. No exceptions.
• Patients must sanitize or wash their hands thoroughly on arrival. We have plenty of sanitizers located throughout the clinic and the sink is inside the bathroom if you would like to wash with soap and water.
• Talking will be minimized in the clinic. We all thrive on interacting with each other and I love how our clinic brings people together. We are definitely fans of the casual chit chat at ACA. However, we will need to scale this back until Covid has decreased in our community. Patients are now asked to note the reason for their visit in the scheduler when making their appointment and I will customize your treatment accordingly. You alternatively can type out what you need me to treat on your phone and show it to me. We will also minimize any contact with our volunteers. ONLY discuss payment and appointments with them. **Please do not make them have to ask you to not talk to them. They enjoy this time with you so it will be hard for them to not engage**. Please do this for everyone’s safety. We understand this may be the hardest part of the changes being made. However, talking in the clinic will be discouraged because it will reduce the risk of spreading germs.
• Chairs are spaced over 6 feet apart and we reduced from 11 chairs to 6, along with a reduction of patients in the clinic at one time. We will be scheduling 4 patients per hour rather than 6. However, new patients will be moved to telehealth appointments outside of normal clinic hours, allowing more availability of treatment spots. The clinic will close at 1:00 instead of 1:30 for the time being.
• Treatment length will be limited in order to maintain no more than 5 people in the treatment room at a time. To ensure space, when/if the clinic chairs fill to 5 patients, I will remove needles from the patient who has been in their chair the longest.
• Chair coverings will be changed after every patient. This means a lot of laundry for me! To reduce the laundry burden, if you tend to be cold please bring your own small blanket or item to cover with as none will be provided. Also, no eye pillows will be provided but again please feel free to bring your own.
• Touch-free payment options are available. You may drop cash or checks (ideally pre-written) directly in the box. (No more envelopes!) You may still pay with a credit card as we now have a touch-free terminal. If you are paying with cash please bring the exact amount as no change will be available. Unfortunately, Acupasses with one free treatment will no longer be available, we will honor any that have already been purchased.
• Water: We encourage you to bring your own closed water bottle and keep it by your chair. A cup of water will be available on request, but will not be self-serve.
• Clinic cleanliness will be a top priority. All clinic surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the day. • The 12-hour cancellation policy. You will be able to cancel online until 12 hours prior to the appointment. Appointments canceled with less than 12 hours notice or missed without notice will be billed $30 automatically. Please respect our ability to keep this business running, these are very financially challenging times.
What hasn’t changed is our commitment to affordable healthcare, and to make ACA a safe space for healing for everyone in our community. Please be patient as we are also adjusting to the changes. We can’t wait to see you!
We have Gift Cards! You can come into ACA and pick up plastic gift cards to gift to family, friends, or colleagues.
OR You can purchase eGift Cards online and email your gift!